Real generosity towards the future consists of giving all to what is present.
Albert Camus












Monday, September 5, 2011

Taking on Slovenia











Independent travel week 2


Wow – Postcards from Europe!  I continue to be amazed by the sights, the people, the history and my experiences.  I am so blessed! My time in Split, Croatia was a little discouraging…I discovered many new things about myself and my decision-making skills;  again, I believe there are no such things as a coincidences…listening and learning comes in many forms.   I made friends with an amazing couple, Ana and Ivan, who were very kind to me, and visited a few off-the-beaten path places.  I hope to go back to Croatia and Slovenia.


 
.

Lake Bled, Slovenia


pork lard for an appetizer


rafting with my British friends



the gorgeous Soca River
                             

I loved the north western region of Slovenia  and the Triglav National Park.  Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy numerous activities and the people are very friendly and helpful   I didn’t spend enough time there!  Lake Bled is truly stunning. 



                                    
                                         

 




 


 


 




  










 






 



 



 



 



 















                                              






























                                                 























No comments:

Post a Comment