Real generosity towards the future consists of giving all to what is present.
Albert Camus












Saturday, November 19, 2011

Uniquely Europe Part I


     I have to admit, I have been much like a kid in a candy store for the last 8 months.  Once the wheels were set in motion for my study abroad experience that began in September, it became an adventure that amazed and surprised me at almost every turn.  Scholarships I determinedly and painstakingly applied for were granted, my college schedule and study abroad curriculum smoothly melded together, and my independent travel itinerary exploded with possibilities and curiosity.                                      .
     My 3 months in Italy have been amazing.  I have done extensive, primarily solo travel, and have had many unique adventures. I have seen amazing towns and monuments, historical sights, magnificent mountains and gorgeous one-of-a kind cathedrals.  I’ve met great people from all over the globe.  I enjoyed Croatia, Slovenia and the Czech Republic so much, I can’t wait to return.  I visited Dachau Concentration Camp in Munich and a cemetery honoring WWII soldiers.
I have put together a fun video that shows some video highlights from my first 2 months.  I plan on adding a Part II when my adventure is over in January.  Carpe Diem!







No comments:

Post a Comment