Real generosity towards the future consists of giving all to what is present.
Albert Camus












Thursday, November 10, 2011

Brugge and Holland


New Belgium friends at a tasting festival!

Two weeks ago, I visited Brugge and Holland, and what a fun weekend I had!  Brugge is truly, a beautiful and refined city...and very relaxed.  The food was unbelievable!  And the desserts were even more amazing!  The architecture and canals are serene.  I only spent a day in Holland, but it gave me a chance tosee the land of my ancestors and look forward to another trip in the future.  I also learned wooden clogs were originally made to be totally functional.  The tips are pointed and used to have a little metal point because they were used like a lever to dig and lift and work in the dike areas.  Others were hand-carved and painted and were given to the bride-to-be or to celebrate many other special occasions.


Eating mussels! Yum!

The main square







They even have famous chocolate chefs in Brugge!




                                           

MK at the Unesco World Heritage Site



                                                           


No comments:

Post a Comment