Real generosity towards the future consists of giving all to what is present.
Albert Camus












Sunday, October 16, 2011

Venice Surprises






Well, I finally get it.  I didn’t expect to love Venice so much.  But I did.  And once I gave up my map, I loved it even more.   There is a magical spirit about Venice which encircles you shortly after you arrive.  I was enraptured in all of 20 minutes.
You can never really get your bearings since you cannot see any landmarks.  It’s crowded.  And the water taxis were on strike when I was there, so I missed the experience of a boat ride.  The speedboats and gondolas cost a small fortune.
But the waterways, the lusciousness of the colors, the uniqueness, the art and little shops, getting completely lost in the labyrinth of alleys, and the mystical beauty, make Venice, truly, a magical, memorable place.


St. Mark's



Masks, masks everywhere!






 
Oh, where my feet have traveled!

No wonder we are all directionally chanllenged




It's a labrynth!



 
Magical!


No comments:

Post a Comment