Real generosity towards the future consists of giving all to what is present.
Albert Camus












Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Unspoiled Beauty and Calm of Cinque Terre

Everything you read about Cinque Terre is true!  The five villages together make for one of the most unique places I have ever visited.  I stayed at a wonderful "hotel" where Guiliano made us feel like family.  There are limited sandy beaches, but the lagoons, sea, rocky coastline, and breath-taking vistas more than make up for that.  "No worries" is the language spoken here.

Vernazza

water polo in the lagoon


Monterossa

Vernazza's one street




view of Vernazzo from the hiking trail


Manarola

rocky coastline



Manarola


1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you were doing this. What a wonderful adventure! I spent six months studying in Zagreb back in the 80s. Isn't it fabulous? I hope you have an amazing experience. Can't wait to follow your blog. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete